Saturday, 27 April 2013

Am Too Cool For School Says Game Of Thrones Star Sophie Turner

Why Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner is too cool for school

As the imprisoned noblewoman Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones, Sophie Turner is used to asserting her authority. In real life, the 17-year-old actress has abandoned school in favour of a private tutor.

“I found it really difficult when teachers talked down to me,” says Turner, who attended the private King’s High School in Warwick. “I thought to myself, 'Shouldn’t we be having an interesting conversation here?’ ”

Turner, whose drama teacher encouraged her to audition for the role in the popular fantasy series, adds in Interview Magazine: “I will be able to look back on my teen years as spent on a television set just having the biggest bunch of fun. At the moment, I can still treat acting as my favourite hobby since I don’t have a mortgage to pay.”


By Richard Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment